Two big announcements:
I wanted to make sure that external blogs linking to previous post links
wouldn’t break. So in order to do this, I had to edit all of my
previous blog posts and add a
Life is too short to be doing this manually so I whipped up an awk program to do it for me in about 20 minutes. It was so much fun building the program that I figured I should screen cast the process.
Recording the screen cast and exporting a decent version of it took a lot more than 20 minutes but I thoroughly enjoyed the process. You can watch the screen cast in its entirety on Youtube:
Notes about the screen cast
- I use the GNU variant of awk (gawk)
- ripgrep is what I use to search
- My shell is fish
- Terminal theme is Dracula Pro
- The font I use of course is the venerable IBM Plex Mono
Meta notes on screen cast
- It took 5 takes to get the final one right
- I used an iPhone to record my keyboard & QuickTime Player to record the screen
- Adobe Premier Pro was my video editor of choice (I’m an Audition devotee)
- I don’t typically use an Apple keyboard 3 but my darn Kinesis wouldn’t fit comfortably in the iPhone screen (without propping the phone too high).
- I had both a mic and the iPhone on stands, both of which were obstructing my view to the keyboard. This would explain why I’m kind of sloppy at times with the keyboard navigation.